View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
If you are having a medical emergency, please dial 911.
The Council on Aging consists of a seven member Board which meets on the second Monday of each month at 10:30 a.m., or as scheduled by the Chair.
To reach the Council on Aging office, please call (781) 585-5214. You may also email us:
Colleen Thompson, Director of Elder Affairs
Jean Pacheco*, COA Administrative Assistant
The purpose of the Council on Aging office is to provide opportunities for social and entertaining activities, assistance with local, state or federal services and, in general, help Plympton senior residents live full and active lives.
The Plympton COA also provides the services of a Senior Aide for transportation to doctors appointments. We have recently joined GATRA (Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transportation Authority) and are working on a plan to expand transportation options.
Call the COA office for more information
or call Jim Mustacaros at (339) 832-8941 for assistance.
COA Services and Events:
- Monthly Health Checks: Done in conjunction with the Plympton Fire Department on the second Friday of each month from 9:00-11:00 in the Deborah Sampson Room in the Town House. Have your blood pressure, weight and blood-sugar levels checked.
- Food Programs:
- Meals on Wheels available up to five days per week.
- Brown Bag Program on 3rd Thursday of each month. Sign up required, call (781) 585-5214 for more information.
- Food Pantry in the Town House Kitchen, available Tuesday and Thursday between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. or by appointment.
- Monthly Activities
- Movies at the Town House - Second Thursday of each month
- Games, social time in the COA office - Third Wednesday of each month
- Veterans' Breakfast - Third Tuesday of each month
- Exercise Classes:
- Cardio-Fit, call the office for details
* Jean Pacheco is not an employee of the Town of Plympton. We are happy to have her working in the COA office through the Citizens for Citizens program.
|Jacqueline Freitas||Alternate Transportation|
|Colleen Thompson||Director of Elder Affairs|
|Mary Lou White|