View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
*During the COVID-19 emergency, if you are a senior citizen requiring assistance, please contact Joy Marble at (617) 799-8602. The COA is providing essential transportation only at this time. If you are having a medical emergency, dial 911.*
In need of transportation? Call (339) 832-8941 for assistance.
The Council on Aging consists of a seven member Board who meets on the second Monday of each month at 10:00 a.m. at the Town Hall. If the scheduled meeting date will fall on a holiday, then the meeting will be held the following Monday.
To reach the Council on Aging Director, Joy Marble, please call (617) 799-8602 or via Email: [email protected]plymptontown.org
Nurse Tricia is available from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the last Monday of every month. Walk-ins are welcomed and service is free of charge.
The Council on Aging's function is to provide referrals for nursing services, homemakers, or other state or federal agencies for needed assistance. Plympton provides the services of a Senior Aide for transportation to doctors appointments or grocery shopping. Our Outreach Worker, Joyce Curran, makes visits to shut-ins and nursing homes.
- Available Exercise Classes:
- Tai Chi on Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. at the Old Town House (Historic Society Building) with Reggie. $5 per a class
- Zumba on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:00 a.m. at the Old Town House with Lori. $5 per a class
- Chair Yoga on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. at the Woodlands with Carol. $2 per a class
- Yoga on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. at First Congressional Church in the Fellowship Hall with Monique
- Gentle Yoga on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. at First Congressional Church in the Fellowship Hall with Monique
- For questions on Yoga or Gentle Yoga, email Monique at [email protected]
- Food Programs:
- Meals on Wheels available up to five days per week
- Brown Bag Program on 3rd Thursday of each month. Sign up required, call (781) 585-5214 for more information
- Food Pantry in the Town Hall Kitchen restocked on the 3rd Wednesday of every month
|Joy Marble||Director||(617) 799-8602|
|Jean Pacheco||Administrative Assistant||(781) 585-5214|
|Joyce Curran||Outreach Worker|
|Jacqueline Freitas||Alternate Transportation|
|Mary Lou White||Member|