Public Records Information

Guidelines and Information to assist persons seeking access to Public Records

The Massachusetts Public Records Law (M.G.L. Chapter 66 & Chapter 4, Section 7(26)) provides that every person has a right to access public information.

In July of 2016, Gov. Charlie Baker signed a bill, Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016, "An Act to Improve Public Records".  This Bill takes took effect on January 1, 2017.

In order to assist members of the public with accessing public records in the custody of the Town of Plympton, the following guidelines are provided:

Requests for public records should be directed to:
for the Town of Plympton is:
Tara J. Shaw
Interim Town Clerk
Town of Plympton
5 Palmer Road
Plympton, MA 02367

Tel: 781-585-3220

The following link can be used to the form that will be sent via email to the Town Clerk:
Link to Public Records Request Form

If you have a public records request specific to the Dennett Elementary School or Police Department, please use the contact information below to make your request direct to the appointed Secondary Records Access Officers listed:

School~Peter S. Veneto, Jr., Principal-Dennett Elementary School Tel: 781-585-3659

Police~Lauren Grady, Admin. Assistant-Plympton Police Department Tel: 781-585-3339

You may use the: Online electronic Public Records Request Form
or your may follow the Guide to MA Public Records Law and put your request in writing. You may bring your request to the Town Clerk's Office/RAO during regular business hours, or email: 

  • Although not required, requests should be submitted in writing in order to ensure that the Office accurately and completely responds to your request.
  • A request for public records should include a reasonable description of specific records being requested.
  • Under some circumstances, the Town may assess a reasonable fee for the production of public records as suggested by State Law.

Other helpful links:
Making a Request for Public Records in MA:  Click Here     
A Guide to Massachusetts Public Records Law:  Click Here    
Appeal a Denial of Access to Public Records:   Click Here   
Electronic Records management Guidelines:  Click Here  
Public Record Appeal Status:  Click Here    
Public Records Access, 950 CMR 32Click Here   

You may submit a written request to the Town Clerk's Office during our regular business hours or leave in the drop box to the left of the Town House front door if we are not open.