BIDDING IS NOW CLOSED, THANK YOU!
OVERVIEW OF THE RFP PROCESS
THREE LOTS FOR SALE - PLYMPTON, MA
ADDENDUM NO. 1 AND ADDENDUM NO. 2 HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR EACH OF THE THREE LOTS. BIDDERS MUST ACKNOWLEDGE BOTH ADDENDUM NO. 1 AND ADDENDUM NO. 2 IN YOUR BID/PROPOSAL PACKAGE ON THE PRICE PROPOSAL FORM!
**The deadline for bids has been extended to 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Bids will be opened publicly and read aloud at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, May 22, 2020**
Please note the following:
- We fully intend to go forward with this new bid due date of May 20, 2020
- Bids will be received at a table outside the main entrance of the Plympton Town House in sealed packages as per the instructions in the RFP
- Bidders must be wearing a face covering when approaching the table
- Bidders will be asked to provide an Email address
- Bids will remain sealed to allow for a decontamination period
- Bids will be opened publicly and read aloud outside the main entrance of the Plympton Town House on Friday, May 22, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- All Bidders must be wearing a face covering if attending the public bid opening
- Attending the public bid opening on May 22, 2020 is not required, as the results will be Emailed to everyone who submitted a bid and/or supplied an Email address to be kept informed on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- The Town will contact the highest responsive Bidder of each lot on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 to move forward with the transaction(s).
Thank you for your interest in the three house lots being sold by the Town of Plympton. This is a unique opportunity to build a home in a special rural setting that has easy access to shopping areas and major highways.
These wooded lots are adjacent to 160 acres of permanently protected conservation land with trails for walking and horse riding. The rear of each lot has a beautiful view of the reservoir and former bogs in the new Preserve. The sale of these lots will help the Town repay the bond that was taken out by Town Meeting in November, 2018 to secure the purchase of the Preserve. Each lot is about 1.5 acres, is deed-restricted to one single family home and has town-approved septic and well permits.
The Town is required to sell each lot through a separate Request for Proposal (RFP) process. The three separate RFP’s are available below. Each RFP includes a “suggested minimum price” for each lot. The suggested minimum for Lots 1 and 2 is $125,000 each, and for Lot 3 is $120,000. Please note that the Town encourages, and may give preference to, offers above the minimum.
Most of the RFP explains how the RFP process works, as well as the submittal requirements for your offer, which is called the “proposal package”. Section H of the RFP spells out what needs to be submitted in the proposal package and how to submit it. Providing the required information is not complicated. A sealed bid in a separate envelope, which includes all of the required information and documents described in the RFP, must be submitted for each lot. Incomplete bids will not be considered.
For your convenience, copies of the following documents are below each RFP:
The lot plan registered at the Plymouth County Registry of Deeds
The septic and well plan approved by the Plympton Board of Health for each lot, and the associated permit letter
A sample DRAFT Purchase and Sale agreement
You are welcome to walk the land, with the understanding that you do so at your own risk. Look for the large “3 Lots for Sale” sign on Prospect Road, near the intersection with Soule Street. The attached “marketing” plan is color-coded to match the markers around each lot. The number of each lot is posted near the street.
The Q and A period has lapsed. If you would like to add your contact information to our list, please Email: [email protected]. In the interest of fairness to all applicants, the Town cannot respond to verbal inquiries.
Due Date for RFP proposals (i.e. offers) is May 20, 2020 by noon at the Plympton Town House!
Photos of the Lots