How do I request a copy of a public record?

Most documents created or received by the Board of Selectmen are considered "public documents" and are available upon request. To request a copy of a public document please submit the following information to the Board in writing: your name, address, and the name and date of the document requested. A processing fee, as well as clerical time for more extensive requests, may be charged.  If so, you will be notified of the total cost upfront. Please note that Massachusetts General Law protects certain types of documents from public release; for example personnel records and pending litigation are exempt from public disclosure.