The Office of the Town Clerk is the doorway to local government.
The Town Clerk is responsible for preparing and conducting all elections, including providing nomination papers, campaign finance forms, voter registration, absentee ballots and tallying the votes. After the election the Clerk administers the oath of office to each elected and appointed official.
During the Annual and Special Town Meetings the Town Clerk records and certifies the minutes of the meetings. All by-law changes must be submitted to the Attorney General for approval before they become law.
Other responsibilities of the Town Clerk include compiling the Annual Street List, issuing dog licenses, fishing & hunting licenses, transfer stickers, birth, marriage & death certificates, business certificates, and keeping records for the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and the Conservation Commission.
The Town Clerk’s position is multi-faceted, and perhaps the most important aspect is its unwritten role in public relations and customer service. In fact, when people have any questions about the Town, they often call up Town House to ask the Clerk. While this is still welcome, you can also take a look on this site at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, and find some answers.
|Tara Shaw||Clerk||(781) 585-3220|
Mon. thru Thurs. 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Mon. evening 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 2016 Annual Town Election Information
- 2016 Annual Town Meeting and Special Town Meeting TONIGHT
- 2016 Dog License Application/Renewal Form
- Annual Town Meeting 05/18/16 Warrant
- MA Conflict of Interest Laws and Training
- MA Conflict of Interest Summary
- Online Dog License Renewal-2016
- Open Meeting Laws
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Special Town Meeting 05/18/16 Warrant
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application